The InfoGraphics Lab is a national leader in atlas production and design. The 2001 second edition of the Atlas of Oregon, became a model for modern atlas and thematic map design. The Lab has since published two awarding-winning atlases: Archaeology and Landscape in the Mongolian Altai: An Atlas (Esri Press 2010), and the Atlas of Yellowstone (UC Press 2012), with a third, Atlas of Wildlife Migration: Wyoming’s Ungulates, in production.
The Lab is continually developing new atlas models for better understanding of geographic regions and their complex cultural-political and physical ecologies, through compilations of integrated thematic maps, other geospatial data visualizations, imagery, and interpretation.
- Association of American Geographers: Globe Award, 2001 (Atlas of Oregon), 2010 (Altai)
- Cartography and Geographic Information Society, Best of Show, 2012 (Atlas of Yellowstone)
- Wyoming State Historical Society, Best Reference Book, 2013. (Atlas of Yellowstone)
- American Publishers Association, Prose Award, 2012. (Atlas of Yellowstone)
- International Cartographic Association, 2003 (Atlas of Oregon)
For more information, please contact Jim Meacham.